How to Wash Your Holiday Linens and Clothing at the Laundromat
The holidays are a busy time of year for everyone. There's cooking, cleaning, shopping, and wrapping to do, not to mention all the holiday parties and gatherings.
So, it's no wonder that laundry tends to pile up quickly. If your home laundry facilities are overwhelmed, don't despair—the laundromat can be your friend during this busy season.
Here are a few tips on how to wash your holiday linens and clothing at the laundromat.
- Sort your laundry into loads beforehand. This will save you time and frustration at the laundromat. Holiday linens can go in one load, while clothes can go in another.
- Make sure to pretreat any stains before putting your clothes in the washer. The last thing you want is to set a stain! There are usually stain removal products available for purchase at the laundromat.
- Don't overload the washing machine. This can cause damage to both your clothing and the machine itself. Follow the laundromat's guidelines on how much laundry each machine can hold.
- Dry your clothes in small loads, so they dry evenly. Again, you don't want to overload the dryer—this can cause damage and lead to unsatisfactory results. Smaller loads also dry more quickly, so you'll be done in no time!
- Fold your clothes as soon as they come out of the dryer. This will prevent wrinkles and help keep your clothes looking their best. There are usually folding tables available at laundromats for this purpose.
- Most importantly, relax! Washing your holiday linens and clothing at the laundromat doesn't have to be a stressful experience. Put on some holiday music, sit back, and let someone else do the work!
Washing your holiday linens and clothing at your local WaveMax Laundry can be a great way to take care of all that extra laundry without putting a strain on your home appliances or wallet. With a bit of planning, you can make the process quick and easy—leaving you more time to enjoy all the fun of the season!